We believe that dress and presentation help to create good personal standards among students, and parents are requested to give their full support to the school in adhering to the range of clothing recommended. We react very strongly against pupils who come to school with incorrect uniform or inappropriate haircuts. Whilst the school is in a period of winter uniform, shirts must be tucked in at all times and school jumpers must be worn.
Items and colours of clothing are as follows:-
- Trousers must be plain black, standard fit and not be made from denim, corduroy, leather, lycra or other expandable material. Leggings, jeggings, tight trousers, black jeans or ¾ trousers are not permitted.All pupils should be in trousers as skirts have been removed from the permitted uniform
- Plain white shirt not a T-shirt or blouse
- Maroon Summer Polo Shirt – this is only worn in the Summer term
- V-necked sweater with school logo
- School tie, this must cover the top shirt button (ties other than school ties are not to be worn)
- Black shoes with heels no higher than 4 cm. Shoes should completely cover the foot for health and safety reasons. Trainers and plimsoll shoes are not acceptable and neither are leisure boots such as Rockport, Doc Martins and Ugg boots. Shoes with multi-coloured soles (soles of shoes must be plain black and not have a coloured or white line through them) or uppers are unacceptable. Shoes must be plain black and not have stripes or logos of any kind visible. Plain black low heeled boots (Chelsea boot style) may also be worn
- Jewellery – only one stud per ear lobe and in no other part of the ear, and one watch. No other jewellery or body piercing is permitted.
- No jewellery is to be worn during PE lessons, this includes recently pierced ears (it is not acceptable to cover them with plasters)
- No coloured or fake nails are permitted. Nails should be of a reasonable length
- Make up must be kept to an absolute bare minimum and must be natural looking. False eyelashes are not permitted
- Coats should be an appropriate outdoor coat – no sweatshirts, hooded tops, cardigans, tracksuit tops or coats made of denim
- Hair must be worn no shorter than a No 2 haircut anywhere on the head and extreme hair dyes/multi coloured hair is not acceptable for any pupil. Hair styles /eyebrows must not have any lines, patterns or symbols showing
- A school bag large enough to carry an A4 file must be carried every day
- Students must attend school with the necessary school equipment on each and every school day – pen, pencil, rubber, calculator, practical equipment where necessary e.g. PE kit, ingredients etc
The decision when pupils will transfer from winter to summer uniform will be taken by the Head of School and will be communicated to Parents via letter. There will be a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice given prior to uniform change.
- Maroon sports top with school logo
- Black shorts or black leggings with school logo please note that leggings other than the school ones are not acceptable
- Maroon socks
- Black fleece (optional)
- Black waterproof top (optional)
- Football boots – football and rugby lessons only
School sweatshirts, ties, summer polo shirt and PE kit can be purchased from Elizabeth’s Embroidery – 01642 674973 or via their website www.elizabethsembroidery.co.uk
View all published School Policies
Working at Hurworth
Latest information on vacancies
Latest School News
https://elizabethsembroidery.morephotos.net/collections and password: hurworth With the upcoming school holidays, we think it would be a good idea to inform you of how to safely purchase uniform, following Covid 19, for a fresh start in September. 1- Please click on...
Welcome to the Hurworth School Art exhibition for 2020 leavers. The artwork on show demonstrates some outstanding artistic ability and real creativity. We are exceptionally proud of all that they have achieved and although we were unable to celebrate with our usual...
Whilst Friday 8th May is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Hurworth School will be open to the children of key workers and vulnerable students. If you would like your child to attend school on this date then please let us know in the usual...
Sometime ago now, the PE Department nominated Morgan Curtis for the Secondary School and Further Education Sports Achiever Award for her success in Taekwondo. Morgan made the Grand Final and on the 29th January went on to become the Overall Winner and was presented...