There are certain essential items students will need in school every day. In order to carry them, and any books and equipment specific to any particular day, a bag big enough to hold an A4 sized folder is required every day. We recommend a sports bag / holdall. A plastic bag will be neither robust nor secure enough to last the rigours of a school day and a boot bag is not big enough for school books.
Students will have the opportunity to use a private locker. Students may go to these lockers at breaks or lunchtime, not lesson change over.
- Calculator (avalable to buy from the Maths department)
- Pencil case
- Reading book (available to borrow from school library)
- Student Planner (issued by school)
- Practical equipment where necessary e.g. PE kit, Food Technology ingredients etc
- Mobile phones are not permitted during the school day – it is your child’s responsibility to hand them in during registration and they will then be stored securely during the day before being returned at 3.25
- Students caught with their phone during the day, will have them confiscated; the phone will need to be collected by parents/carers; an after school detention will be received as a sanction for a first offence.
- Subsequent offences would result in an Internal exclusion.
- Smoking/vaping are banned in all areas of school; if students are are caught smoking/vaping or they are present in an area where these things are taking place then they will be sanctioned
- Any materials students are caught with will be confiscated and will need to be collected by a parent/carer
Fidgets and Popper Toys
- Fidget and Popper toys are banned in school; if students are caught with any of these toys they will be confiscated and will need to be collected by a parent/carer
- Students who require will be identified and will be able to use fidgets as required; misuse of fidgets will result in them being confiscated by the class teacher and returned at the end of the lesson.
Energy Drinks and Fizzy Drinks
- Fizzy drinks and energy drinks are banned in school; if students are caught with any of these items whether canned or bottled they will be confiscated and will need to be collected at the end of the school day by the student.
- Subsequent offences would result in a parent and carer needed to collect the banned item and sanction will be given to the student.
- Water is allowed in school and is allowed to be consumed in lessons, however there may be specific rules teachers have surrounding this in certain lessons such as computing where there is valuable equipment present in the lesson.
Other Restricted Items
- Alcohol or Drugs
- Weapons of any kind including any form of gun (imitation/bb/air)
- Knife or sharp bladed objects
- Laser pens
- Chewing gum
All the above items will be confiscated and only returned when a parent/carer attends school to collect the item.
It is important to note that the governors and staff of Hurworth School DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE/LOSS TO PROPERTY BROUGHT INTO SCHOOL.