There are certain essential items students will need in school every day. In order to carry them, and any books and equipment specific to any particular day, a bag big enough to hold an A4 sized folder is required every day. We recommend a sports bag / holdall. A plastic bag will be neither robust nor secure enough to last the rigours of a school day and a boot bag is not big enough for school books.
Students will have the opportunity to use a private locker. Students may go to these lockers at breaks or lunchtime, not lesson change over.
- Pencil case
- Coloured pencils
- Blue or black pens
- Pencil sharpener
- Calculator (available to buy from the Maths department)
- A reading book
- Student planner (issued by school)
- Geometry set
- Alcohol or Drugs
- Weapons of any kind including any form of gun (imitation/bb/air)
- Knife or sharp bladed objects
- Laser pens
- Chewing gum
All the above items will be confiscated and only returned when a parent/guardian attends school to collect the item.
It is important to note that the governors and staff of Hurworth School DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE/LOSS TO PROPERTY BROUGHT INTO SCHOOL.
Any mobile phone iPod brought to school must be handed to the office on arrival. Failure to do so will result in a sanction being applied.
The same liability applies to school trips and visits.
- Any other items of value which the pupil should not have brought into school or has misused in some way might – if the school judges this appropriate and reasonable – be stored safely at the school until an appropriate family adult can come and retrieve them.
- Items which the pupil should not have had in their possession particularly of an unlawful or hazardous nature may be given by the school to an external agency for disposal or further action as necessary. This should always be followed by a letter to the parents confirming that this has taken place and the reasons for such an action.
View all published School Policies
Working at Hurworth
Latest information on vacancies
Latest School News
Lucy Ward in Year 10 has won the Lucy Pittaway summer Art competition (category 14-16 years) Lots of students will have entered this competition, so Lucy has done really well to win in what is a tough category! Read more about the competition HERE.
https://elizabethsembroidery.morephotos.net/collections and password: hurworth With the upcoming school holidays, we think it would be a good idea to inform you of how to safely purchase uniform, following Covid 19, for a fresh start in September. 1- Please click on...
Welcome to the Hurworth School Art exhibition for 2020 leavers. The artwork on show demonstrates some outstanding artistic ability and real creativity. We are exceptionally proud of all that they have achieved and although we were unable to celebrate with our usual...
Whilst Friday 8th May is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Hurworth School will be open to the children of key workers and vulnerable students. If you would like your child to attend school on this date then please let us know in the usual...