Code of Conduct
The school maintains very high standards of behaviour by making it very clear what is expected of students and by rewarding positive behaviour. All students are encouraged to develop good self-discipline, both within and outside the school. We constantly emphasise the need for students to follow simple guidelines. These are:
- Follow the instructions given by the teacher first time.
- Arrive on time to lessons and enter the room quietly.
- Be prepared for the start of the lesson and get out relevant equipment to start.
- Do not interfere with, or disrupt, the learning of others.
- Show respect to staff, fellow students and visitors.
- Displays of work.
- Red stars or Year 11 Prom Tokens.
- Awards and certificates.
- End-of-term prizes.
- Nationally recognised qualifications in a variety of subjects and standards.
- Cautions written in planner.
- Verbal warning.
- Removal of privileges.
- Withdrawal of free time.
- Internal Isolation
- Internal Exclusion
- Fixed term or permanent external exclusions.
In all, we seek to set and maintain excellent standards of behaviour to maximise learning for all within our school. Parents’/guardians’ support is fundamental to the success of this goal.
View all published School Policies
Working at Hurworth
Latest information on vacancies
Latest School News
https://elizabethsembroidery.morephotos.net/collections and password: hurworth With the upcoming school holidays, we think it would be a good idea to inform you of how to safely purchase uniform, following Covid 19, for a fresh start in September. 1- Please click on...
Welcome to the Hurworth School Art exhibition for 2020 leavers. The artwork on show demonstrates some outstanding artistic ability and real creativity. We are exceptionally proud of all that they have achieved and although we were unable to celebrate with our usual...
Whilst Friday 8th May is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Hurworth School will be open to the children of key workers and vulnerable students. If you would like your child to attend school on this date then please let us know in the usual...
Sometime ago now, the PE Department nominated Morgan Curtis for the Secondary School and Further Education Sports Achiever Award for her success in Taekwondo. Morgan made the Grand Final and on the 29th January went on to become the Overall Winner and was presented...