Code of Conduct
The school maintains very high standards of behaviour by making it very clear what is expected of students and by rewarding positive behaviour. All students are encouraged to develop good self-discipline, both within and outside the school. We constantly emphasise the need for students to follow simple guidelines. These are:
- Follow the instructions given by the teacher first time.
- Arrive on time to lessons and enter the room quietly.
- Be prepared for the start of the lesson and get out relevant equipment to start.
- Do not interfere with, or disrupt, the learning of others.
- Show respect to staff, fellow students and visitors.
- Displays of work.
- Red stars or Year 11 Prom Tokens.
- Awards and certificates.
- End-of-term prizes.
- Nationally recognised qualifications in a variety of subjects and standards.
- Cautions written in planner.
- Verbal warning.
- Removal of privileges.
- Withdrawal of free time.
- Internal Isolation
- Internal Exclusion
- Fixed term or permanent external exclusions.
In all, we seek to set and maintain excellent standards of behaviour to maximise learning for all within our school. Parents’/guardians’ support is fundamental to the success of this goal.
View all published School Policies
Working at Hurworth
Latest information on vacancies
Latest School News
Sometime ago now, the PE Department nominated Morgan Curtis for the Secondary School and Further Education Sports Achiever Award for her success in Taekwondo. Morgan made the Grand Final and on the 29th January went on to become the Overall Winner and was presented...
Penny Hudson and Mr Thompson attended a FututeMe awards evening at Sunderlands Quayside Exchange. This was an opportunity to celebrate the hard work and achievements of young people, mentors and school staff who have been involved in the FutureMe Schools Programme...
37 students and 5 staff recently headed to Coniston for a weekend at Thurston Outdoor Education Centre. The weather in the run-up to the weekend had been miserable, but we were treated to glorious sunshine and warm temperatures. Upon arrival, the first task was to...