What are British Values?
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs
To do this our students will develop;
- An understanding of how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process.
- An understanding that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law.
- An acceptance that people having different faiths and beliefs to oneself (or having none) should be accepted and tolerated, and should not be the cause of discriminatory behaviour.
- An understanding of the importance or identifying and combating discrimination
Our School Council teams meet every week to discuss key areas of school development. They are empowered to represent the student body and to canvass opinion on key issues.
All students take part in the Make Your Mark campaign, and we run activities throughout UK Parliament Week teaching students about the roles of parliament and the government.