Special Educational Needs
Within the SEN policy you will find information under the following headings:
- Our rationale
- Definitions of Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion
- Context of the School
- The role of Senior Management
- Identification of pupils with SEN
- The 4-part graduated approach
- Involving parents and pupils in the reviewing process
- Transition arrangements for SEN pupils
- Information sharing on SEN student intake
- Designated base rooms
- Approaches to teaching pupils with SEN
- Supporting inclusion – adapting the curriculum and environment for pupils with SEN
- Examination support
- Extra-curricular activities
- Training and expertise of staff to support pupils with SEN
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the provision for SEN pupils
- Supporting pupils who are looked after by the local authority and have SEN
- Support for improving the emotional and social development of SEN pupils
- Involvement of outside agencies in supporting pupils with SEN and their families
- Arrangements for handling complaints
- The Resourced Provision for pupils on the autism spectrum
Parents can view the local authority’s Local Offer at the following link:
Darlington Families Information Team
Latest extra curriculum activities on offer
Where next after Hurworth?
Latest School News
Whilst Friday 8th May is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Hurworth School will be open to the children of key workers and vulnerable students. If you would like your child to attend school on this date then please let us know in the usual...
Sometime ago now, the PE Department nominated Morgan Curtis for the Secondary School and Further Education Sports Achiever Award for her success in Taekwondo. Morgan made the Grand Final and on the 29th January went on to become the Overall Winner and was presented...
Penny Hudson and Mr Thompson attended a FututeMe awards evening at Sunderlands Quayside Exchange. This was an opportunity to celebrate the hard work and achievements of young people, mentors and school staff who have been involved in the FutureMe Schools Programme...
37 students and 5 staff recently headed to Coniston for a weekend at Thurston Outdoor Education Centre. The weather in the run-up to the weekend had been miserable, but we were treated to glorious sunshine and warm temperatures. Upon arrival, the first task was to...