Special Educational Needs
Within the SEN policy you will find information under the following headings:
- Our rationale
- Definitions of Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion
- Context of the School
- The role of Senior Management
- Identification of pupils with SEN
- The 4-part graduated approach
- Involving parents and pupils in the reviewing process
- Transition arrangements for SEN pupils
- Information sharing on SEN student intake
- Designated base rooms
- Approaches to teaching pupils with SEN
- Supporting inclusion – adapting the curriculum and environment for pupils with SEN
- Examination support
- Extra-curricular activities
- Training and expertise of staff to support pupils with SEN
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the provision for SEN pupils
- Supporting pupils who are looked after by the local authority and have SEN
- Support for improving the emotional and social development of SEN pupils
- Involvement of outside agencies in supporting pupils with SEN and their families
- Arrangements for handling complaints
- The Resourced Provision for pupils on the autism spectrum
Parents can view the local authority’s Local Offer at the following link:
Darlington Families Information Team
Latest extra curriculum activities on offer
Where next after Hurworth?
Latest School News
Lucy Ward in Year 10 has won the Lucy Pittaway summer Art competition (category 14-16 years) Lots of students will have entered this competition, so Lucy has done really well to win in what is a tough category! Read more about the competition HERE.
https://elizabethsembroidery.morephotos.net/collections and password: hurworth With the upcoming school holidays, we think it would be a good idea to inform you of how to safely purchase uniform, following Covid 19, for a fresh start in September. 1- Please click on...
Welcome to the Hurworth School Art exhibition for 2020 leavers. The artwork on show demonstrates some outstanding artistic ability and real creativity. We are exceptionally proud of all that they have achieved and although we were unable to celebrate with our usual...
Whilst Friday 8th May is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Hurworth School will be open to the children of key workers and vulnerable students. If you would like your child to attend school on this date then please let us know in the usual...