“Achieving Excellence with Care”
We believe in the widest possible horizons for learning and aim to achieve the finest 11-16 education to be found anywhere.
- To provide a curriculum which:
- Interests and motivates, both through its content and its range of Teaching & Learning styles;
- Enables students to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills upon which they can build according to their interests and abilities;
- Allows students to make progress at a challenging pace and which also provides for the development of special aptitudes;
- In addition to fulfilling national requirements, will also meet the broader needs of our children in an ever changing world.
- The provision and maintenance of an environment in which ALL students can achieve success, and where all students are valued and respected and extend the same value to others.
- The development of a concept of learning as a desirable, life-long and enjoyable process.
The aims are further divided into the following categories:
To teach students to: develop a healthy body; grow in confidence; develop body control; develop skills and awareness of how to maintain and improve personal health.
To encourage a response to beauty and form and develop a sense of awe and wonder.
To help students develop emotional stability and maturity through their experiences.
To enable students to establish a broad basis on which they can make judgements concerning their own conduct and relationships.
To develop spiritual awareness and understanding.
To promote: self knowledge and the ability to respond to strengths and address weaknesses; the opportunity for students to recognize their own progress and set targets for further learning.
To develop a sense of responsibility of self and the community; to encourage tolerance; sympathy and understanding of others; to produce members of society capable of performing useful adult life-roles, with the ability to change society for the better.
Latest School News
Lucy Ward in Year 10 has won the Lucy Pittaway summer Art competition (category 14-16 years) Lots of students will have entered this competition, so Lucy has done really well to win in what is a tough category! Read more about the competition HERE.
https://elizabethsembroidery.morephotos.net/collections and password: hurworth With the upcoming school holidays, we think it would be a good idea to inform you of how to safely purchase uniform, following Covid 19, for a fresh start in September. 1- Please click on...
Welcome to the Hurworth School Art exhibition for 2020 leavers. The artwork on show demonstrates some outstanding artistic ability and real creativity. We are exceptionally proud of all that they have achieved and although we were unable to celebrate with our usual...
Whilst Friday 8th May is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day, Hurworth School will be open to the children of key workers and vulnerable students. If you would like your child to attend school on this date then please let us know in the usual...